Monday, June 9, 2014

{Copycat} Starbucks Bottled Frappuccino Drink



Edit: To clarify, when I say "Frappuccino Drink", this is not the icy, blended, milkshake type drink with whipped cream on top that you buy at a Starbucks store. This recipe is like those cute little bottled drinks that come in 4-packs at the grocery. They are actually called "Frappuccino Drink", hence the name of this recipe.
**

I tried this recipe myself last night and I'm so crazy about it I have to share. I got it from my friend Shelley, who famously always brings it when we have a pitch-in at church. So, because I think everyone needs to know about this, here you go!

10 cups of very strongly brewed coffee (Cafe Du Monde)**
14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
gallon pitcher
several small glass jars w/lids for storage (Mason jars are perfect.)

Brew coffee, pour in pitcher, add sweetened condensed milk, stir well. Let cool to room temp. Stir well again. Pour into small jars, store in fridge. Serve over ice, or straight up if you please. I don't know how long it will keep in the fridge, but I can't imagine you'd ever have it in there long enough for it to spoil because it's so yummy.

** Note: I really think the success of this recipe depends upon using this brand of coffee because it's blended with chicory (which isn't coffee at all, but lends to the yummy flavor).

Also, I had a heck of a time finding this particular brand of coffee. It turns out, they have it at the Chinese Market here in town. But apparently I'm not the best at following directions because it took me 3 tries to find the market. So, if you can't find your Chinese Market, just order it off Amazon. I kind of wish I'd saved myself the trouble. :)

No comments: