Thursday, March 29, 2012

Flourless Fudge Cookies

{Photo & Recipe credit: chocolateandcarrots.com}
I'll be honest, I didn't think these would taste as good as they did when I read the recipe.  I was pleasantly surprised. This is something I'll definitely be making again.

Preheat oven to 350.
  • 3 C powdered sugar
  • 2/3 C unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/8 tsp. salt
  • 2 to 4 large egg whites, at room temperature
  • 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 C 60% cacao chocolate chips
Combine dry ingredients. Mix in the vanilla and 2 egg whites.  You're looking for brownie batter consistency. If more liquid is needed, add a 3rd egg white and mix well, add the 4th if necessary.  {I only ended up needing 3 egg whites.}

Fold in the chocolate chips.
Drop spoonfulls of batter onto a very well greased cookie sheet.
Bake 12 minutes. Remove carefully after letting them cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet.

Mine didn't turn out nearly as pretty as the photo above, but they were chewy and fudgy and somehow at the same time light and crispy. A very satisfying chocolate dessert!

No comments: